Bible Verse. A first on my blog. Definitely not the last.

I was twittering or tweeting :)) Voila! There appeared on my timeline from GreatBibleVerse "Those who have it will be given more, and they will have plenty. Matthew 13:12".


 Pretty vague for anyone whose in a confuse mode or not really a bible reader. My first honest thought was,
"What if it was about a person whose having troubles at the moment, and he will be given more, and will have plenty of it (trouble)?" That's just the nega in me. 

One could not really decipher the exact meaning of a single and vague verse, especially if the first and the verse that follows were not traced. I'm not trying to lecture anyone or try to be a master of this subject. I was just curious, and curiosity got me here.

So i googled for the King James version from Bible Gateway of Matthew 13:11,12,13. For me/us to understand it better.

Matthew 13:11-13

King James Version (KJV)
 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.


So the verse was  maybe referring to the kingdom of heaven and/or God's abundant blessings to be given to those who already have it, and be taken away from those does not have it. And those who have it are the believers, those who does not possess any are the non-believers. 


We are all curious. And that's a good thing.


Please do follow the GreatBibleVerse on twitter by clicking on the link. Thanks! Blessed Sunday everyone :))
Good Vibes!

Comments