Parenthood: An Insight

Why do you think our children have to be babies, toddlers, kids and then grow up? Cant they skip a stage, and be grown ups in an instant?(Say, sims way of life, right?) We are all children of our parents despite the age we are counting ourselves in now, I might as well claim that tag, and that includes you and you and you, as long as you were conceived by your mother, and you did not come out of a hatched egg., alright? Why does our mothers have to endure the nine months of conception? Why can't we pop a baby out of a bottle or ask Santa for one, or even wait for a baby delivery from a stork? What is life trying to tell us here?

As a first time mom, not that this thought has ever crossed my mind before being one, life teaches us to value the bond that we have/had with our unborn child (my opinion), that angelic baby that we, mothers selflessly nurse even in the wee hours of night and be up early doing the same thing, the master toddler whose so little but is able to make us do what they want us to do in a snap, and the teenagers who pains us whenever they think we're "ruining their should be perfect lives" whenever parents lecture them about life's roughs and slice, and the grown ups who are at the moment starting their own family, and just by that time learns to appreciate their parents, the moment they become parents themselves.(Parents, especially mothers are undermined, unappreciated and underpaid with love, affection and for some, respect).

It is a cycle I know (a vicious one for some who aren't ready), and we submit ourselves reluctantly or willingly to parenthood.

Remember the times that our mothers/fathers incessantly nags and shouts and screams at us (and they try to convince us its discipline they are implementing, but our hard-as-iron-heads wouldn't let them be), but never ever ceases to love us and understand and love us again. Why is it like that? They can just let us go astray, let us stay out late on a regular basis, don't send us to school, let a day or two pass without seeing us at home, never care about our homeworks and whereabouts, don't text or call us, but they always always care about everything about us (their children, and what they even call, their "bundles of joy and energy" when we were a pint-size and cuddly).

Being a mother of a hyper-active-almost-3year old boy (I still call him baby boy, and he refers to himself as baby, and whenever I tell him, your a big boy already, he just doesn't agree and gets all cranky), I can say that the bond I had with my son while he was inside me, is the strongest bond of all. I cared for something that I don't see but feel, I sing for him and dreamed of him and loved him even before I held him in my arms. There is that strong innate feeling between me and my baby, that overpowers everything (mentally, emotionally, physically etc.).

Our children are our weakness. We get mad at them, but we cant rest until we know they are fine and doing good and safe wherever they may be. We wanted to punish them when they are at fault, but then again all the love and sacrifices while they were still younger and smaller, flashes right back at us, making us soft as a cotton ball, and just forgive and love them again. That is life's trick, and it's a cycle. Not a vicious one if you learn to appreciate life and take full responsibility of your actions.

Personal: I was trying to make a point, Im not sure if I was able to send the message clearly. I was never good with words, but Im trying to be friends with it. Moms Rules!!
Goodnight everyone!

P.S. (Pahabol Sentences)
These are my opinion, insights and how I see the subject matter. This may differ from some of you, but I hope this does not offend anyone in anyway. Happiness :))

Comments