How I perk-up!


Me time πŸŽˆπŸ€πŸ’šπŸ’™


Nowadays, it's so easy to get caught up in the moment and lose track of your end goal and just feel pushed back and uninspired, in other words "lazy, hazy and confused".
Don't fret, you are not alone. There's a thousand of us, who at the end the day feels guilty for not moving, not doing the things we were supposed to accomplish in that particular day or time frame and have this messy mind that keeps us from relaxing. We've been all on that road, and would periodically sneak into it each time we let our motivated consciousness slip.

So, what can we do to combat the intermittent call for "rest"? (Rest) that sometimes last longer than it is supposed to, and to spark/re-spark drive into your life.

Here are some routines that I follow on the regular, whenever I feel like flowing with time without purpose.
  • Meditate. I know, i know you keep hearing this one, do you want to know why? Because it truly works! The moment you get up in the morning, after saying your grace, get up and stretch up and meditate. It doesn't need to be so special, just find a spot in your room or backyard, a quiet spot for you to be mindful of your breathing and your senses.. Give yourself 10-15 minutes meditation time in a lotus pose, you can modify by adding soothing instrumental music. I use an app called "Calm" it is available on Android/App Store.
  • Discover a hobby. No matter how old/young you are, getting a hobby that makes you feel active and moving is always a good thing! I personally tried riding a skateboard, which Ive always wanted to do, but I was so afraid of falling and hurting myself, not anymore 🐀 And every time I practice, I get better at it, although I still cant do tricks or flips, I'm still so happy that I finally tried. Also, writing/blogging has been therapeutic for me, its a perfect way of expressing myself and letting out some ideas that I want shared with people who can/might relate to it. It benefits my sanity so much 😊
  •  Attend fitness classes. If you are like me who is not into lifting weights or gyming, fitness classes like yoga, pilates and dance might be for you 😊 There are many many options not limited to the ones I mentioned, that you can get into.. I'm doing Barre3 (yoga/piltes/ballet) and Bikram yoga at the moment, and both have been an amazing experience for me. The classes are body-centered, no heavy equipment involved. After every session, I feel more (mentally) relaxed and focused on whats next on my to-do list. It has been said that, physical activity affects not just your physicality, but also your mind. The more physically active you are, the more your mind is inclined to faster thought-processing, because body movements build brain power. I am currently subscribed to KFit which offers a wide range of not just fitness/gym classes all over Metro Manila, but also salon and wellness passes, and if you are interested to check it out and SAVE a ton of money for the classes, download the KFit app and input my code  so you get a discount on your subscription fee! Cool right? My code is "6mdmm" *If you have further questions about how to input my code and get the discount, just hit the comments section below*
  • Me time. This is essential, apart from the meditation time you give yourself each day. Give yourself priority with having a time for pursuing what you like (apart from the Discovering a hobby). Something relaxing, exciting and interesting and worthwhile. Grab a drink/coffee with a buddy and let endless chikahan (fun chit chats) and laughter ensue, go hiking, beaching, road-tripping, the list is endless! Whatever floats your happy boat 😁 Bottom line, YOU ARE HAPPY. Also, keep an 80-20 (positive-negative) outlook in life. Meaning, see things in a good light and still be prepared for the worst, so you don't get overwhelmed and unprepared, because the world is not your fairy tale.
  • Scheduling/ Planning/ Time Management. Yes to this! I get lost in so many simple things and distractions that fogs my mind (information overload that usually does not get mentally digested) from hitting a daily target of to-do's. So how do I fix that? I create a get-done or to do list the night/day before. This way you are able to manage your time efficiently, prioritize the more important day-to-day activity down to the mundane but still important. And when you do, you'll discover that things get done faster, and before you know it, you still have so much time to do other things on the side, like attend a fitness class, discover a hobby and make me-time happen! :-)

See? It is all interconnected, what you do and what you don't, affects your day, which affects your life entirely. And to make those listed above happen, take action!

Remember that,
Even the most passionate person is not considered a success unless he puts up work

 Hey thanks for reading and dropping by my  blog πŸ˜ƒ
Please let me know what you think of this write-up on the comments below ⬇




Comments

  1. Thank you for always sharing your good thoughts apple πŸ™‚ Many people has been very busy at work including me πŸ˜… I admit that, and thank you for sharing your everyday routine, well. I think im gonna try this one! πŸ‘πŸ» been thinking of attending some classes for yoga or going to gym to make my day more productive as well πŸ˜ƒ

    *Share more blog post pleease. Its very helpful to everyone ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arch! Ill do my best. Thanks for supporting! 😘😘 You are one.of a kindπŸ˜‡

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! I like your writing composition too 😘

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thank a lot for sharing your good thoughts it's really helpful and gives positive future in living a normal life. �� �� ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by! And yes, we need to be reminded that we are not alone in this daily struggle πŸ˜‡

      Delete
  4. I love this article. Balance is so important to success. Using downtime wisely is very important to reenergize the brain and soul.

    You might also appreciate this TED talk about passion, perseverance and grit. It’s a favorite of mine.
    https://youtu.be/H14bBuluwB8

    Keep up the great work!!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What you thinking?