On a (Happy) Mission.


I woke up in Manila, and before noon I was in Hongkong airport! ALONE. Hooray!
Well, to some or most of you, traveling alone is nothing new to your travel itinerary, but to yours truly, it was a first. :0 And it is something that made me feel cooler than my old self. Come on, bear with me guys.

Window. I'll have the window seat.


Aboard Cebu Pacific Airbus Flight 5J - XXX. 

Fantastic View.

Braving an unfamiliar environment was more FUN than anything else in the world! Backpackers know that, a million percent.

There isnt a language barrier, English, being a universal language, and HK's first or second language. So asking around is never a problem, plus signage/s are everywhere, translated in both English and Chinese characters.

They are everywhere :-)




For the people whose been to Hongkong and have seen and experienced HK International Airport, it truly is a NEAT, BIG place! I cant really point out anything worth complaining about it, I was impressed actually, and could not help but compare. (obviously digressing from the "compare topic" bye)
Check out CNN Go Best Airports as Hong Kong Int'l. Airport landed as a fourth placer.



Diverse Clientele.





Stores: Relay, Mannings, etc.. located in the Arrival Area. Though, most of the stores including Disney souvenirs, international beauty, jewelry brands are on the Departure area. So I needed to wait longer to check out those stores.


Currency Exchange.
Travelex Worldwide money/currency changer is present in all floors of the airport, so when you ran out of HK dollars you can easily proceed to any travelex around. The entire place encourages you to spend every bit of what you have, the stores built and products displayed are more than enticing. Whoah!



A diaper changing area for babies and toddlers. I was amazed by it, do we have it here in P.I?
An airport that truly cares about the needs of passengers and visitors from all over the world, ehem ehem, that is how you make a lasting impression (a good one indeed!).



Finally! Disneyland souvenirs! If you're a reader of this blog you already know that I'm in love with trinkets! :-()
One of the many key chains i bought.
I bought several Disney keychains as pasalubong :-)

Minnie Mouse Bags

Sorry for the picture overload, guess I got excited :p
Overall, it was a FUN filled and memorable trip for me, though I stayed in the airport from noon till 7pm, ala Tom Hanks in "The Terminal". haha
I met up with some relatives in the airport, that was the purpose of travel. :-)
Looking forward to another adventure! Go! Lone ranger! :-()



May Day! May Day!

xoxo

Applegrace







Comments