January 2018!



Feliz ano nuevo!
Happy New Year in Spanish πŸ˜‰
You probably know that already if youre Spanish lol or been learning the language. As for me, its one of the few Spanish phrases/words i could confidently say without hesitation. Running thought: Italian and French and Spanish sounds alike. And like me, do you ever get confused or mix these 3 up? I mean yes! And we all know why (borders, borders). πŸ˜‚

Yes and no. Yes, this post is about my the new year, and no, because it doesnt have anything to do with EspaΓ±a/Francia/Italia, im neither flying to any of those places anytime soon (although been DREAMING!!), nor infatuated with anyone who talks as sexy as them, nor bingeing on paella, pasta or soufflΓ©... 

I just....................
Like it πŸ˜€  YEP!

So, how's everyone coping with the passing of the last year? Were you relieved that, that year of struggle is over? Or were you saddened by how swiftly and gracefully 365 of 2017 cha-cha its way out the dance floor? Time and time again, the elders say, "Time boogies away fast when your sweating so much fun", I so agree! If you're the latter who is wistfully looking back, you are not alone. πŸ˜€

2017 was the year of my great move, with more courage and conviction. Though it happened on the 3rd quarter of last year, it felt as though it had been secretly consumated for years, and just waiting for that magical moment of exposure, the dire need for liberation, which is followed by internal celebration/s.

Celebrating πŸŽ‰

I have not made any resolution of some kind, because Im sticking to what ive written down during the last few months of last year (still counts as a resolution, ayy?).

Things I discovered about thyself:
● Ive become a Yes Girl for some time and it was fruitful in more ways than one. Swears!
● I daydream more than I act upon those goals. I recognized this fact and been working towards intentional movements and action, because time doesn't work backwards right?
● My longing for company has been on full blast, you dont get this that much but if you can relate with my transition and struggles, then you'll understand. (But, have I been thoroughly and honest and detailed about it all? Nope, ive been speaking cryptically and I find comfort in it. Its my way of opening up, and still leaving some for my own consumption).
● I am generally a happy person, from top to bottom πŸ˜‚ Yez! Which is a good trait to keep your sanity and to keep you going through it all.

And for now, thats all there is to say..

We are creatures of habit.
So, make a habit of constantly moving and acting with purpose.

Once again, Happy 2018 y'all!

Xo,
Applegrace


Comments